Simon Vaux Ltd trading as Simon Vaux Rental
Here at Simon Vaux Rental we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your application for/during a tenancy.
This notice explains how we take, store and use your personal information which allows us to carry out our job.
The data we collect/use allows us to carry our job. Without it you will be unable to rent through this agency.
This information will include all of the following:
3. Telephone numbers.
4. Email address.
5. Bank details.
6. Government approved photographic identification ie passport or driving license as well as a bank statement or utility bill.
7. Place of work, including job title, salary and length of employment. (This maybe asked for previous employment).
8. National insurance number.
9. Details about any children who will live with you.
10. Your current or previous landlord and or letting agent.
11. If you choose to ‘like’ our Facebook page, we reserve the right to interact with you through social media.
This information will be kept, in written form in a secure place within this office and in, electronic form secured by passwords.
We will only pass on information about you to the following:
1. Our referencing company – Rent 4 Sure Ltd
2. Local council.
3. Energy providers.
4. Our maintenance companies for essential repairs.
5. To your joint tenants is there are rent arrears with a joint tenancy.
6. To your guarantor, if applicable, if there are rent arrears.
7. Our ‘cloud’ property management software provider – RentPro Ltd.
8. Any Government department that has a legal reason for the information.
9. Any bailiff or debt collection company that has a genuine reason for the information.
10. Any other letting agent or landlord who request information about your tenancy with this agency.
We will not pass your information onto any third parties, except those above, without your express permission.
The above disclosures are essential to allow us to carry out our role as your letting agent and therefore deemed legitimate interests, thus avoiding the need for consent.
You have the right to withdraw your consent, but this will not allow us to complete our role as letting agent and therefore you will not be able to rent through this agency.
The information for a failed application will be kept for up to one year.
The information for a completed agreement will be kept for up the seven years.
If you have reason to complain about our service then we are a member of The PRS which is a property redress scheme who can be contacted on 0333 321 9418 or www.theprs.co.uk
18 05 18